An ongoing series; of the random fleeting or transformative moments I would want to remember if I ever lose my memory.
- The feeling when you get a new project approved.
- French cheese and wine with the best Eiffel tower view while listening to Charles Aznavour. (March 2017)
A remarkable house dinner in Paris where everything was unexpected. We talked about moon lakes, jupiter, Greek mythology, turning chaos into harmony, hypnosis, and the consciousness of animals faced with death. (March 2017)
Something about realizing you quite like who you're becoming and where you're headed that seems to paint everything gold. (March 2017)
- Something about the precarity, equanimity, discipline and the sunlight of a day spent in Acropolis with an active astronaut and a Mars explorer. (February 2017)
- Discovering an old country song remixed in a slow, dreamy and ethereal version.
- Big Sur road-trip with a foil package wrapped full of breakfast tacos. (2016)
- Thinking about someone and they randomly text you.
- Dragging me out of the house to kiss me during the sudden summer rain. (2015)
- Wine tasting with space geeks in Napa while talking about the universe. (2014)
- Discovering a circa-1900 Italian restaurant in a retro setting in Brooklyn. (2016)
- An Elvis dancing figure hanging on the windshield while on a road trip. (2011).
- A night in Manhattan with scented candles, fresh flowers and books. (2016).
- The things you used to do that have become part of my personality. (2016).
- Waking up at 5am in Monemvasia because of your jet lag. The sound of the storm outside. Staying in bed listening to Nils Frahm - Says. (2015)
- Listening to Springsteen’s 4th of July while watching the fireworks. (2012)
- Remnants of cat hair on my black coat after picking up and hugging one.
- Being the only ones walking around Central Park when it's -15 C. (2016)
- Getting lost driving around the tiny streets of Hollywood Hills. (2009)
- Tacos and Mojitos by the pool in Palm Springs. (2013)
- A favorite song being played while on shuffle.
- Breathing in the gold wind.
- Packing my rolling suitcase of inferred permanence.
- Spaghetti Parmesan and wine, eaten on the balcony in Rome. (2016)
- Shrimp Cocktail and fresh lemonade by the pool at the Beverly Hills Hotel. (2014)
- The pink clouds above LA while hiking the secret trail behind the Hollywood Sign. (2010)
- Searching the sky for traces of the Perseid meteor shower near the Half Dome at the Yosemite National Park. (2015)
- Train naps on a long trip early in the morning; when the music in your headphones kicks in in time with the landscape. (2013)
- Knowing that the red light illuminating a blood moon is the light filtered through every sunrise and sunset happening on Earth at that same moment.
"Real memories, for good or for ill, impinge on the world. You can’t help but remember certain things. They return, whether you like it or not. And memories color the world. Really absorb a text, a song, a painting and everything afterward passes through it, is changed by it"
Our most memorable moments are dominated by four elements: elevation, insight, pride and connection...